Update #5 (MRI result & scheduled surgery) August 22, 2016
Hello Friends and Family,
What an amazing weekend. God’s presence is truly evident in this journey and I am so grateful for the love that surrounds me. Thank you to all who have shown incredible support through your prayers, donations, messages, etc.
Here’s the latest info…
- The MRI on Friday revealed a clear separation between the tumor area and the uterus. That means no emergency hysterectomy.. YAY!
- There are still uncertainties regarding the lymph nodes surrounding the tumor area. We won’t know until after the surgery & biopsy, if I will need chemo/radiation or not.
- Surgery is scheduled for Monday, August 29th and I will officially be out of work for a couple months in recovery.
- Please continue to pray that the surgery is successful in removing any and all cancerous areas and that I wake up with no colostomy bag!
- And continuous prayers for my daughters as they start school and try to carry on with all that is going on. And for my husband, who has been an amazing support, to continue to walk in God’s strength.
God is revealing His deep love for me through this trial, in unbelievable ways. I know there is still a long road ahead of me, but I am so encouraged and my faith in God & HIS faithfulness has deepened. I will most likely use my recovery time at home, to blog this journey in greater detail, but for now, I will say that HIS fingerprints all over this. Many might ask how a loving God allows things like this to happen. Not once, have I felt the need to ask this. Instead, I feel honored and blessed that He chose me to represent His faithfulness, His mercy, His compassion, His goodness and His great LOVE, through this difficult time. He is a good, good Father…that’s who He is. (Listen to the Chris Tomlin song…https://youtu.be/iBmwwwiHrOk)
In closing, I want to share what my sister did for me yesterday. She had a fundraiser at the new Seed Faith Gardens at her store in Solana Beach. I was so touch by all who volunteered, set up, planted, created arrangements, donated succulents & recycled containers and generously supported with your purchase. I thank you from the bottom of my heart! https://www.facebook.com/SeedFaithGardens/
Also, we had a close friend donate 6Nights/7Days in his BIG BEAR, CA vacation rental. It is still being auctioned off until August 31st. See the links below.
Thank you for your continued prayers and support!
Much love & gratitude,